My lo won't latch and I've been pumping. I started pumping every 3-4 hours when the baby is taking a bottle or just after. I can usually get at least .5 - 1 oz per side but this morning, there's practically nothing there.
I just got over a breast infection and dumped so much breast milk.
How long does fenugreek take to increase supply?
Ours maybe has an hour to two of total awake time per day. Most of that is snuggle or crying time He eats, sleeps, and poos. He goes right to sleep after eating. I'm trying to make sure he gets tummy time but most of the time we do it on my chest rather than the floor.
Just wondering what your babies did at one month.
Is this just a normal increase? Growth spurt?
Formula is so expensive and he blows through it so fast. I can't wait to get at least 2 or 3 breast milk bottles once I'm done with my medication.
1. My son refuses to breastfeed.
2. I pump as often as humanly possible but still developed mastitis.
3. I hurt. My breast hurts worse than the 8 hours of pitocin induced contractions and worse than my c section incision.
4. I'm exhausted. Truly exhausted. LO is up every 1.5-3 hours to eat.
5. I'm supposed to pump every 1.5 hours to draw out the infection and keep my supply up. Not happening. I can't physically do it. I decide that rather than hobble (oh did I mention the searing back pain?) to the bathroom, I'll hold it and try to sleep.
6. I have to handle daycare tours solo.
7. Received a notice my house is being foreclosed on. My husband is trying to tell me he'll handle it. That's a huge joke. I do everything. A diaper change or bottle for him usually comes across As a huge inconvenience. I mean he has to come out of the guest room and take out his ear plugs. We're totally bottle feeding and he wont take one shift because hes tired. My house has a sale date of 3/6.
I get to decide if we fight the foreclosure and hope there's an error in the paperwork, file for bankruptcy, or say f it and let them take it. Oh I can also hope that I get a promotion within weeks of returning to work and hope we make enough to satisfy the underwriters. That's what dh is hoping for - then he doesn't have to do anything.
8. Dh has a ba and 3 of 4 years of a law degree.
He didnt go to class and git kicked out He's held 6 jobs in the last two years and makes practically nothing. Both of us now have defaulted student loans. He told me at least 20 times his were deferred. He lies to my face over and over again. I knew mine were behind and told him each month.
I'm still waiting for the budget he promised me 4 weeks ago. I'm waiting for his game plan promised to me each weekend for the last 5 months.
I'm ready to completely give up pumping and trying to bf - it's too stressful. I'm ready to walk away from this house. My dh has lied and pretty much ruined the last of my leave with our baby. I hate him for that.
Sorry this is so long. If I told my mother this, she'd drive across the state to bring the baby and me to her house. My best friend is coming to stay with us for 5 days. I've known her since 1987 and I don't want to tell her.
Ok vent over. Time to pump.
I've tried hot showers, hot compresses, pump every 1.5 - 3 hours, and massage. There's no blister on my nipple so I can't drain it that way.
My doctor and lo's pediatrician don't want me to breast feed due to the antibiotics (not that lo will latch - we pump and bottle feed and do formula).
It's it possible the clog could have come out and I didn't notice? My breast is still red but it seems to be receding. My breast isn't throbbing any more unless my breast is getting full and right around a let down.
I'm running low on energy and motivation to get this clog out.
My baby won't nurse at all and I'm pumping as much as possible but can never seem to empty my breasts.
It hurts so bad and kills me when he spits out my nipple and wails at me.
Breastfeeding is such a challenge for us.
I'm exhausted from it and pumping and feel like I could drop at any minute.
I'm also fighting a vicious cold
Complete with coughing.
We finally got a good latch that last for 10 mins before he was asleep again and I could rouse him.
While he was eating, I started coughing and had to spit out phlegm. The Kleenex was way out of my reach so I was hacking and desperately looking for something to use.
I ended up commandeering my son's burp cloth.
I will do anything to keep him latched!!!
I have to supplement with formula and I'm so disappointed. My son is on the bottle and turns his head to nurse and we try to latch. It is so painful. He either dies great or we try for 10 minutes and he gets upset. Then I bawl my eyes out because my nipples hurts so bad.
I'm pumping when I can - but on top of the feed issues, I have a cold.
Just wanted to get that out. My dh thinks I'm great but I just want to feed my baby. I never thought I'd have bf issues.