This forum exists as a support group for both those who serve and the families that support them. All US armed forces branches and also international members are welcome here.
I was going to wait until I absolutely have to to tell my boss (by end of this month because I'm due to PT test) but now I feel I should tell him sooner so that they can determine if they still want me to take on this task. I mean he doesn't deploy until the fall so if I wait until the end of July that leaves enough time for them to come up with a plan B.
Upon extensive conversation with my COC, yesterday my commander offered me the option to get out at my 3 year mark in January. General under honorable conditions discharge. No repayment of enlistment bonus. No harm, no foul. I would have taken that in a heartbeat if I hadn't found out 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant again. My husband and I do have tricare reserve/select as our health insurance. I am due in march. If I get out in January I am potentially facing delivering without health insurance. The birth center I am in love with is covered by tricare. I have not informed anyone at my unit of my pregnancy yet, and I am not going to until I have to. I am dreading that as well.
I'm so unsure what to do. I am so, so miserable being in but with a baby due in march how can I risk loosing health insurance right before birth? My husband (who was a marine) tells me to suck it up and finish the 3 1/2 years on my contract. He doesn't understand how miserable I am at work, and being pregnant I'm especially emotional and having an exceptionally hard time dealing with my unit. What would you ladies do? No one but my husband knows that I'm pregnant so I have no one to talk to or seek advice from currently. It's definitely stressing me out.
He is really looking forward to getting out but is also extremely stressed about what happens after he gets out.
Was is it hard to get a job lined up for you or your spouse when they got out?